Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 22 CHALLENGE

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at


     I would love to be a better cook.  I have become so used to not cooking family dinners and only cooking the very little stuff my kids like.  And of course, one day they love it and the next they hate it.  Jamie has not been home enough sense we have been married to cook a family dinner every day.  And the boys are very picky at what they will eat.  Ashley along is especially picky and only eats what she chooses, which is a very limited selection.  Sense I am unable to have a job, I would love to be able to have a clean house (I have that most of the time) and a family dinner on the table.  I really take to much of my day, with my endless list of organization, cleaning, and maintaining the house to believe I have enough time to cook a dinner, with out much of it going to waste.  I think that cooking takes to much time and only cook things in which don't require any.  I know so many people that cook from scratch and/or have a family dinner on the table every day and still have a clean house, so I know it is possible.  And yet I refuse to try.  Hopefully, when Jamie is home again, we can have family dinners and may enjoy cooking.  

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy cooking. I understand your longing for family meals. My kids still eat dinner really early so we aren't to the point of actually eating all together yet. Plus, my husband isn't a vegetable fan so he won't eat half of the stuff I make anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment....possibly only a little over 4 more years before my family is together again to have a family dinner. I need to make the change and I will stride for family dinners during the summer. I may have recipes.

    ReplyDelete