Friday, September 7, 2012

River Fun


Sept 2, 2012

     Went to visit the family farm this weekend in the Ozarks.  The kids really enjoyed it.  Only Tyler played more inside then out.  His DS which they rarely get was his choice.  Kyle wants to spend more time down there next summer so that just might mean a summer with no baseball!  We will see.  The family went to play in a river and I was not prepared.  We did not bring swimsuits or swim diapers for Ashley.  But the kids did not seem to mind at all.  Ashley slashed around and collected shells while Kyle and Tyler explored in every possible direction.  They floated in the current and climbed the waterfall.  Unfortunately for me while Ashley and I where sitting down collecting shells we had a animal visitor which I saw before Ashley did.  I promptly picked her up and walked her away not really wanting to scare her, but I was.  A snake was popping out of the waterfall right where we where sitting,  guess I will never put my back up to the waterfall.  As I was walking away I noticed Tyler was climbing the water.  I hated it but I knew he was having fun.  We stayed a while longer even after the snake but I was always looking for that snake to come back.  We also found many Crayfish.  More dead then alive but eventually we found alive one in which I attempted to take video off.  This was lots of fun, for the kids LOL, and I am sure we will do this again.  












This is where the snake came out from the wall!








Kyle


















     After we cleaned up from the river fun we went out to eat.  We went to Lambert's.  Which is famous for bread throwing!  You order you meal and then they call out and ask if anyone wants a roll, and if you do be ready it is thrown at you!  They also pass around extra sides that you can get as much as you want.  It is a lot of food and not to expensive compared to other restaurants.  But of course this is when Kyle would get one of his migraines and I did not have any thing for him to take.  Luckily I was able to purchase Motrin for him to take at the gift shop but it pretty much ruined his dinner.  We came home and I sent him to bed to laydown.


I want to do this!





OUR FIRE AT GRANDMA AND PAPA'S FARM

     Finally the day is over and we decided to have a bonfire.  We wanted to burn all of the yard waste that was collected during the yard cleanup.  The kids had fun making smores and Ashley fell asleep.  She normally tells me when she is tired or puts herself to sleep in her room, but this time she just made her self comfortable and feel asleep in the chair outside.  I carried her inside and she was out for the rest of the night.  









No comments:

Post a Comment