Monday, February 6, 2012

My Cutie Tubie


Feb 6, 2012



     It was mentioned to me by another "Tubie Mom" that it is Feeding Tube Awareness week (Feb 5-11).  I am currently raising funds for education/awareness for the American Heart Association and I am hoping to expand my fund raising efforts next year for the third annual  Feeding Tube Awareness week!  I was hoping that my friends could read this page for me to understand me a little more about me and my daughter. -------> 
Click on picture please

     Ashley became a "Tubie" child in June 2007!  Having a "Tubie" child is not easy.  There are multiple issues in which a parent of a "Tubie" have to deal with every day in which affect our decision in what is best for our child.  And typically as parents, we are sometimes frowned upon due to these decision's.  And many of "Tubie" parents not only have to worry about the feedings, but also their child's other medical concerns.  We can only do what is best for our child!  Our child may look perfectly healthy but really having a feeding tube is a side effect our their condition.  Our child's body is not medically stable enough to eat enough to survive!  This is the truth of the matter and one in which I am not happy about.  But I need to do every thing for my daughter for her to have a happy life in which she deserves.  Thank you for reading and hopefully having a greater understanding of a "Tubie" parent and child.  

Ashley's outfit for school.
She thinks with the sun glasses no one
can see her!
"You can't see me"

No comments:

Post a Comment