Monday, September 19, 2011

And I ended up at the mall...


Sep 16, 2011

     In my quest to fit in I decided to let Tyler go to a birthday party in which Kyle was not invited to.  The party was at Grand Bear Lodge.  My kids love going their and we have not been their sense their Dad came home.  But I really did not want to stay and ride the rides with Ashley and I really was unsure if she was up to it.  And besides I was really uneasy feeling like I had to make an attempt to fit in with these parents, in which I don't believe I do.  In the end Kyle ended up crying as we where attempting to leave and I bought him a bracelet, which is now almost $19.00, and let him stay with the party.  I typically would not let my boys stay at the party at the Grand Bear Lodge with out me but I felt really stuck.  I had to take care of Ashley as well.  Kyle was basically a party crasher!  I did check with the parents and they said it was ok if he stayed.  This is not what I want my kids to believe.  I do want them to be able to be invited to their own friends birthday parties and not be disappointed if they don't make the guest list.  But I understood Kyle's thoughts and he just wanted to be a kid and enjoy some fun and not hear about Ashley's needs or to suck it up because he is almost 10!  It hurt me as much as it hurt him.  And in leaving Kyle and Tyler their I was really torn.  I wanted to be with them to make sure that they where going to be ok, but I have to make myself believe that they are 8 and 9 and they want some time away from me as well.  Ashley began to cry for her brothers in the car.  Jamie suggested that I bring her to the mall so she could have some fun.  So off to the mall we went.  And for a little while she forgot her brothers where not their.  She told me when she was ready to come home with no complaints. 

Video







No comments:

Post a Comment